It is the aim of this practice to ‘Have a Clear and Effective Complaints Procedure’ by meeting the GDC ‘Standards for the Dental Team’ and deliver good practice in complaint handling. The team is trained to resolve all complaints promptly, efficiently and politely by following our Patient Complaints Procedure and Complaint Management procedure. The team responds to complaints in the time limits set by the Complaints Procedure and always provides constructive responses to complaints. The practice never discriminates against a patient who has made a complaint. Team members do not react defensively to a complaint but listen carefully to a patient who makes one and involves them fully in the process of managing it. The team member will make best endeavours to meet any outcomes the patient expects.
The team are regularly trained in complaint handling at practice meetings and are involved in the regular review of complaints, complaints procedures and management through iComply so that services, policies and procedures can be continually improved.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaints about the service we provide is: Amy Faulkner, Practice Manager. If patient complains over the telephone or at the reception desk, our action will be to listen to their complaint and offer to refer to Amy Faulkner immediately. If Amy Faulkner is unavailable at the time, the patient will informed of this and we will let the patient know when Amy Faulkner will be in touch. Alternatively the person making a complaint can speak with the principle dentists, arrangements will be made for this to happen. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter with the principle dentists, then Amy Faulkner will also be informed of this and will deal with the complaint promptly.
- If a patient decides to complain in writing, the letter will be passed on immediately to Amy Faulkner.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist. If patient does not want to complain to the dentist, then alternatively they can speak or write to the complaints manager: Amy Faulkner.
- We will acknowledge the patients complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of conduct as soon as possible, normally within two working days.
- We then will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days to give an explanation of the circumstances which lead to the complaint. We will arrange a meeting to confirm the decision about the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet with us, we will attempt to converse the outcome of the complaint over the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within the ten working days we will notify the patient and explain the reasons for the delay. We will then give a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
- We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing to the patient immediately after completing out investigation.
- Proper and comprehensive reports are kept of any complaint received.
- If a patient is not satisfied with the result then they can use the details below to seek further advice.
If a patient is not satisfied despite our best efforts to resolve the complaint they will be informed about other avenues to seek further advice.
Dental Complaints Service
2 Cherry Orchard Road
Croydon CR0 6BA
Tel: 08456 120 540
The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street
Tel: 0845 222 4141
Care Quality Commission
City Gate, Gallow Gate
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Tel: 03000 616161
Contact us with your questions or to request a ring back. We'd love to hear from you.