Why choose GLO Peels?
Here at the dentist at liberty place we offer only the best facial peels
GLO peels offer a revolutionary breakthrough in chemical exfoliation treatments. Their unique advanced formulations provide potent, higher levels of pharmaceutical grade ingredients, whilst at the same time feeding the skin with essential antioxidants. GLO’s use of innovative technology, alongside established research focuses on transforming your skin without traumatising its structure.
With over 10 different GLO chemical peels to choose from, five different levels of peel strength to protect your skin, plus many ways to customise and blend the different peels, treatments can truly be tailored to suit your specific skin concerns. In addition, all peels and home care products are cruelty free and paraben free.
Acids used in GLO skin peels include: Lactic, Salicylic, Glycolic (up to 60%), TCA Lactic acid is a milder acid great for sensitive skins. A hydrating Alpha Hydroxy Acid that gently exfoliates while improving skin tone and texture including pigmentation discolouration and fine lines.
Salicylic acid is an oil loving (reduces the amount of oils on the skin) Beta Hydroxy Acid that stimulates exfoliation in the skin, clearing pores and promoting new cell growth. Reduces inflammation and smooths the skin’s surface. A truly powerful acne-fighting ingredient!
What is glycolic acid used for?
Glycolic acid is an Alpha Hydroxy Acid that stimulates exfoliation and treats photoageing (ageing caused by UV rays) by improving skin texture, uneven pigmentation and fine lines. A glycolic acid peel is great for spots/pigmentation/some types of acne scarring.
What is a TCA peel and its benefits? TCA IS a form of Acetic Acid used for medium depth peels. It is a potent anti-ageing peel and therefore has the longest downtime.
It removes the outer layers of the skin to reduce the signs of ageing, fine lines and hyperpigmentation. It may soften scar tissue as well.
GLO also offer you a powerful Retinol plus Vitamin C peel as either an add on to another peel or a standalone treatment. This peel will encourage collagen production and new cell turnover. Amazing for overall refining and smoothing
All the above peels will either be used as single acid peels or will be combined with other acids and therefor able to tackle various skin issues all at once. Most of the above acids come in different percentages depending on which peel is required
Superior results are achieved with a course of several peels, whilst using the appropriate home skincare regime. Advice will be provided on this during your consultation.
The number of peels required and the strength of the peels needed will be dependant of the severity of the skin complaint.
The effects of just one single chemical peel will be subtle, giving the skin a beautiful temporary glow. However, with specific skin problems, results will become more obvious and long term with repeated treatments. Remember, results may not be permanent because as we age our skin changes, more lines appear and new pigmentation can occur if daily suncream is not worn
Reasons to avoid chemical peels
- You are nursing or pregnant.
- You have a serious illness, especially one that effects the immune system/your body’s ability to heal
- You have taken Roaccutane in last six months.
- You have any skin infections, any cut or broken skin, any cold sores
- You are under 18
- You have received radiation to areas that would be treated
- You have known allergies to ingredients eg aspirin.
Darker skin tones and sensitive skin types may not be able to have the higher strength peels, advice will be given on this at your consultation and an alternative treatment plan discussed with you.
Important information prior to your medical peel facial
- Discontinue any Retinol containing skin care products (e.g. retin-A, Renova),any products that contain ascorbic acid (vitamin C), steroid creams, creams/lotions for acne, bleaching/skin-lightening agents or other acid-based products 3 days before your appointment
- Avoid excessive sun (include sun beds) for 7 days before a peel
- Darker skins may darken before lightening
- Do not have any other facial treatments 2 weeks before a facial peel such as botox, microdermabrasion, waxing, laser resurfacing.
- High factor sun cream must be worn daily during a course of chemical peel treatments, and afterwards, as the skin will temporarily be more vulnerable to the effects of the sun after a peel.
Chemical peel costs
The cost of a facial peel at The Dentist at Liberty Place depends on the strength of the peel. Initial peels start at £60 each and increase slightly each strength level. A TCA peel, the strongest peel is £90.
Discounts will be given when a course of 6 treatment’s are booked together.
*everyone must initially start on a level 1 or 2 peel.