- Veneers are strong, wafer-thin porcelain or ceramic shells custom-made to fit the surface of your teeth.
- This is a long-lasting treatment that looks fantastic and conserves as much natural tooth as possible.
- Sometimes a single veneer is placed to hide a dark tooth or to repair a broken front tooth but with a smile makeover we place multiple veneers – usually between 6 and 10. We also repair, maintain and replace worn-out veneers.
- Excellent colour matching and construction help veneers achieve a superior, lifelike result that should be almost indistinguishable from a normal tooth.
If you’re unhappy with your smile and are looking for a quick way to fix misaligned or worn front teeth, or bad staining, then you may want to consider dental veneers. When your teeth are irreversibly stained or irregular, your confidence can be seriously affected. Maybe you want to get this sorted in time for a big event like a wedding. Dental veneers are one option available to improve the appearance of your smile.
Benefits of veneers
If veneers are suitable for you, your dentist will use a tooth coloured material, usually porcelain, to cover the visible portion of the tooth. This is usually a very thin layer that can be compared with a false fingernail, although stronger and more technical to place on the tooth.
Veneers may be used singularly or on multiple teeth depending on the individual mouth and in a smile makeover may be combined with other techniques such as crowns, implants and cosmetic bonding to achieve the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
Treatment Gallery – Before & After
- Before after
What are veneers?
Veneers are strong, wafer thin porcelain ceramic covers/shells custom made to fit the surface of your teeth.
Are veneers popular?
Veneers are popular amongst individuals who want a perfect smile through cosmetic dentistry with minimum invasion. They are made to fit each individual and perfectly shade matched to give a completely natural look. Having veneers can help correct a number of tooth problems from straightening the appearance of teeth, fixing a broken tooth or improving the look of intrinsically stained teeth.
Who is qualified to fit veneers?
Veneers are prepared and fitted by your dentist usually over two visits. The length of each appointment depends on each individual and how many veneers are required.
Are there different types of veneers available?
There are many different types of veneers available on the market, however here at the dentist at liberty place we offer Emax veneers which are a high strength and durable porcelain manufactured by the world’s leading dental company. We only use the best!
- With minimal preparation veneer treatment can be completed with a quick turnaround of two visits over two weeks.
- A natural look can be achieved without staining or cause minimal damage to your existing tooth structure repairing any minor flaws and last longer than any dental bonding.
- We have found in some cases those with weaker enamel, veneers have strengthened their teeth.
- Like all dental treatment, veneers come with risks, but wherever veneers aren’t the best solution there will always be an alternative.
- Veneers are made to fit each individual, so therefore preparations are needed, this can lead to hypersensitivity as a small amount of the enamel is removed, leaving a thinner layer of enamel over the dentine (naturally sensitive layer of the tooth), in a lot of cases this is resolved as soon as veneers are properly cemented. In a small number of cases this sensitivity can lead to what is known as irreversible pulpitis, where Root canal treatment is required.
- As veneers are predominately made for front teeth, there is also a risk they could become unglued or fracture, this risk is minimised if the patient follows all the instructions given to them at the fitting. Patients also need to be aware that as with any dental treatment, the overall longevity is dependent on how well you look after your veneer and diet.
Where veneers are not suitable, there are other alternatives to achieve the look you desire. If it’s straighter teeth you seek, orthodontic treatment can be a great way to preserve your natural teeth and achieve a natural but beautiful result. If your teeth are heavily stained, then a simple air polish and whitening may be the best option for you.
Within dentistry the possibilities are endless.
We often hear new patients say “I hate my veneers”…
If you are unhappy with your veneers, you always have the option to have existing veneers removed and re-prepared and replaced with our better quality material, this however comes with further potential problems as further tooth structure needs to be removed in order to make new veneers, this can cause hypersensitivity and possible loss of strength of tooth itself.
Why choose The Dentist at Liberty Place for veneers?
Here at The Dentist at Liberty Place, we are home to some of Birmingham’s leading specialist and dentists who combined have over 150 year’s dental expertise, offering our patients excellent standards of treatment and care. We always advise you on the best course of cosmetic work to take based on our clinical experience and knowledge of risks and benefits. We never complete a treatment that we deem unsafe or a risky procedure.
How Much Do Veneers Cost?
A new smile is an investment. We understand that financial considerations can sometimes be an obstacle to achieve a beautiful smile, which is why we offer a range of finance options, including interest free plans over varying lengths of time to make each payment suit you.
Every treatment plan is tailored to each individual patient, therefore costs may vary.
We'd love to hear from you
Contact us with your questions or to request a ring back.